Visual and performing arts are provided for patients, staff and visitors in our hospitals to create a strong community feel and add to patients' healing journey.
Being in hospital can be daunting. Wellington Hospitals & Health Foundation is committed to providing a warm environment for patients. You can assist our Art Programmes in the hospitals by making a donation specifically for art for more information click here.
Public Art Galleries in Wellington Hospital:
Artists Currently Showing in Clinical Areas:
Next time you are in Wellington Hospital as a patient or visitor, stop by the:
- Various paintings displayed throughout hospital wards
- Historic Timeline - Level 2, by Radiology
- Royal Doulton Tile Gallery - Level 3, near Mein Street entrance
- Photography by Woolf Gallery - Level 4
- Dibble Panels - Levels 2 and 3
- Arches - sit in the sun
- Memorial Garden - near the entrance to the underground car park
- Historic Stained Glass Windows in the hospital chapel
- Display cabinets of medical equipment from years gone by - Levels 2 and 3
- Sit and listed to our volunteer pianists around our baby grand piano in the atrium
- You may also see HOSPI adorning walls in children's areas.
- Gordon Crook
- John Drawbridge
- Vincent Duncan
- Shane Hammond
- Eric Heath
- Radha Sahar
- Simon Woolf